Blue Springs Steering Repair and Service
A vehicle’s steering allows the driver to maneuver the vehicle easily and quickly. Components of the steering mechanism include:
- rack and pinion
- ball joints and tie rods
- power steering components
- power steering pump
If your vehicle is pulling to the left or right, vibrating or hard to steer, you may need service on your steering units. For power steering service call for an appointment and let the Master Certified Technicians at George McCorkendale Auto Service Inc. help keep your vehicle safe and reliable with a complete Power Steering Service and Flush.
Power Steering Flush
Neglecting your power steering fluid can result in poor handling, sluggish steering and “steering squeal.” Make a Power Steering Service and Flush part of your vehicle’s maintenance. New power steering fluid looks clean and clear. Neglected power steering fluid is dirty, like used engine oil, and will most likely alter the performance of your power steering system.
Dirty, neglected power steering fluid can:
- Cause noise and increased steering effort
- Reduce steering effectiveness
- Harden seals and cause leakage, leading to wear on all steering components
- Contribute to expensive repairs of power steering components
Power Steering Service and Flush at McCorkendale Auto Service:
- Removes the old fluid from the system
- Cleans the entire system with a proprietary product formulated to loosen and remove sludge and other contaminants from the system
- Refills the system with the correct manufacturer recommended fluid
- Restores steering performance
- Helps prevent sluggish steering on cold mornings
- Reduces or eliminates steering noise
- Provides proper lubrication of power steering components
- Helps avoid premature, unexpected and expensive steering system failures
Our technicians use a two-step process to flush your power steering unit.
- First, we use a powerful cleaner to dissolve gum and varnish in your car’s power steering unit.
- Next, we will flush old, worn-out contaminated fluid and install fresh, new fluid fortified with a special antioxidant and anti-wear ingredients to prevent expensive mechanical failure.
Power steering units can be pricey when in need of replacement. To avoid this, we recommend a power steering flush that will keep your power steering unit clean and allow your vehicle to run smoother and last longer.
Power steering service is just one call away! Call us for service-related details.
Proudly serving the Greater Blue Springs community.